View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I was surprised to read how the author describes "Jekyll and Hyde". I am no longer surprised when someone here mentions it, seems a common trait, the split "personalities". But an author in a book about abuse? wow.

In my observations with XABF from afar I can say Hyde has taken over 100%. I think back of the person he was years ago, it has NOTHING to do with this one. And now I am convinced the toxicity is not because he is an alcoholic but because he is sick inside. Alcohol is just an extra monkey on his shoulders. And I see very clearly that I was equally sick not to have left at the very first red flag. Looking back, there were many.

I am so grateful I can see reality now and realize I was not insane. How incredibly stressful, not to know what to expect from a person. But now I realize I grew up this way, learning love was abandonment and always about someone else's wishes and convenience. How could I know how love was? I didn't learn it then. But I can relearn now.

I am done with the "venetian masks" game, I am worth more than constant gaslighting. And I am more than my own codependent tendencies.
(The only time I'll wear one is in Halloween because I think I might look cool )