View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Stevie1

Welcome Love and Watch!

Goats....ahhh. Maybe one day.
Has anyone heard of fainting goats?
Fainting goat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Fainting goats have many other names, including Myotonic Goats, Tennessee (Meat) Goats, Nervous Goats, Stiff-leg Goats, Wooden-leg Goats, and Tennessee Scare Goats..."

About nine years ago I decided to get a herding title on a previous Rottweiler and took him for training. I ended up not sticking with it...he wasn't a natural herder and the closest place to train was just once a week, an almost 4 hour round trip drive.

Anyway, puppies were started on geese, older dogs on sheep, and the farm also had a herd of fainting goats wandering loose. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life was Cooper's reaction when he went to "say hi" to a fainting goat and it flipped over onto its back, legs sticking up in the air. Coop's reaction was a mixture of OMG!!!111! and WTF!!11! and "hey I didn't mean to hurt it!"

When I was a kid in the UK we had milk goats who would often escape, and being social sorts, would wander into the house if the door was open. I wonder if milking goats is like riding a bicycle? I milked them daily when I was a kid; it's been over 30 years though.