View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dancingnow

It's understandable that you are angry. I had so much anger for my AH and it is slowly disappating through Alanon and counseling.

Unfortunately, my AH is not totally committed to recovering. Since he is not living with us he seems to manage his alcohol enough that he can pop in and out of my kids lives just enough for them not to notice.

Now that I am calmer and peaceful it is better than it was when he was living with us.

As for jumping for joy if and when AH ever seeks true recovery - I don't think I will have it in me to do so, I'm totally used up.

Maybe I might feel glad for AH if/when he is recovering that he gave himself a better life and will be more available for our kids.

As I continue my own recovery through Alanon, I may feel differently, but right now I'm just accepting what is and sad about it.

If I may suggest you leave your AH to his recovery and don't worry about how you have to feel about that. Take some time to care for yourself.

A family weekend might be good for the kids - we just did a ski weekend with AH and I was calm and peaceful, didn't get much from AH and the kids got what they needed (younger ones). Somehow it seems kids seem to be fine taking what they want/need of what's available from AH and leaving the rest!