View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Whenever I start to worry these days--and I'm at the top of the class of worriers--I realize that it does me no good, and does nobody else any good either.
If you can think of a time that worrying fixed ANYTHING, you let me know, and I'll send you a million dollars (as soon as I have that kind of money!)

You get my point. Worrying never solved anything!

As for your own hurt, I imagine it is quite sad to be hurt like this again from him. Alcoholics hurt our feelings, and often enough, w/o even realizing they are doing so! Not necessarily intentionally, but I am willing to bet if we took a poll, there isn't a single person involved with an A that hasn't had their feelings hurt many many many times. If there's one single thing we all have in common--that must be it.

The A in my life has never disappeared on me, but I still feel your pain because I know how they hurt us by being emotionally unavailable.

He will come around, but don't wait for him. More than likely as soon as he sobers up from the latest bender, you'll hear from him again.
LIVE YOUR LIFE!
Don't put it on hold!
Don't hold your breath!
Don't wait one minute for him!
Your life is independent of his, and your life clock doesn't stop ticking while he's MIA !