View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Why do they disappear?

He (the RABF) has vanished. Poof. Into thin air without warning or explanation.

I was very hurt and sad but now I am seeing how I do not want to be treated. I don't live near him so there is no way of knowing and I don't know any of his friends or family to see if he is alive or dead. He was having a hard time in his program but we were doing well. Then this

IF he contacts me, I don't know what I am going to say. I am pretty confused actually. This is the second time he did this and the first time... it was a relapse. That is my worst fear. I just wonder why they disappear when they relapse? Where do they go? He has no money.

This sucks

I'm holding up pretty well. I have to because I keep my life on track while he attempted to get his together. I was under no illusions. But I am admittedly confused. Yes I am trying to detach but then something will remind me of him and this heavy feeling in my gut appears.

Will he even contact me? (I am not the kind of person that could every do no contact.. I'd rather know he is breathing then not) I am sort of clueless about most of this stuff. Just from what I've read on SR and the bit I got from Al-anon. I honestly don't know how or why they disappear off the face of the planet from those they supposedly love.