View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BellaTeal
I'm trying to try.

I'm so upset right now. Turns out my friends didn't quit after all. To make matters worse, I definitely smelled beer on my boyfriend's breath tonight. He denied it and said I always smell beer and that all he did was sit across the table while our other friend was drinking. Whatever.

So now I have no safe place to go and I feel so alone. My understanding was that we're all in this together. My boyfriend told me that the tally on the wall (we were counting days) only referred to our friend quitting smoking and that no one actually agreed to stop all together. That's BS. Our friend said he wasn't quitting smoking because quitting drinking is stressful enough. Then my boyfriend starts yelling in front of everyone about things I don't really want people hearing and I told him to lower his voice but he just yelled louder. WTF???

Then he asks why I'm blaming him after all he's done to help. I wasn't. I feel betrayed because he promised me a booze-free place and it's not. Everyone was on board in the beginning and now they're not. I know this is my problem but still. I feel like someone ripped the floor out from under me.

At first I wanted to drink myself into oblivion. Now that I've collected myself, I'm ready to get to day 6. I don't have to drink over this. But what can I do about my environment? I can't stay here in my apartment and I can't go to theirs.