View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Welcome to SR.
You've found a great group of people and a wealth of information. Some of these folks are coming from the other side so we're lucky to have their take on it.

I won't tell you what's best to do. All I can say is that for me at some point, I needed to get some cards on the table. I did that by revealing my AW's hiding spots in front of her while recording it on my camera. Talk about confrontation. She tried to choke me out. I'm a monster of a fella so her physical challenge was no match and again, I caught it on the camcorder. I'd say that was the breaking point for us. That's what forced me to come back to this site and start educating myself and really working on healing myself.

I've since accepted that I have no control over her drinking. I'm not the cause of her drinking problem, contrary to her accusations/quacks. I can't cure her drinking problems.

I can work on myself and that's been a far more productive tool compared to confrontation.

What do I do today if/when I find a bottle? I leave it alone. I try not to monitor it. Yes. I would like to dump it's contents and refill it with something horrendous and sit back and laugh but I know that won't do anyone any good.

Keep reading and keep posting.