View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Geographical Detachment

I just got back from a ten day trip to Central America. It was refreshing and rejuvenating.

I discovered something very strange while I was gone. Being such a long distance from home allowed me a chance to "geographically detach" from everything going on at home and work. My mind became somewhat....well.....blank. And it felt ODD. Really ODD.

While my husband and I were enjoying a lovely meal at a little restaurant I expressed my concern that my mind felt "blank". I wasn't worrying or obsessing about what was going on at home or with our AS or our business or our daughter or ANYTHING. I told my DH that I thought I was going senile or something because it felt so wierd to have a blank brain. His comment "welcome to what normal people experience".

I spent the last ten days living in the moment......enjoying my beautiful surroundings.......and finding a peace and serenity so profound that I thought was my mind was deteriorating. lol

If that's what "normal" people experience, I want more. Ten days of no computer, no television, no phone.......wow. There was a total acceptance of "powerlessness" about what was happening at home and with it came such peace. Now, if only I could bottle that up and sell it!

Here I am though......back in reality. lol And many of the thoughts and concerns have returned but it's nice to have that experience as a baseline and to have something to aspire to in my daily life.

gentle hugs