Old 02-24-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by CanfixONLYme View Post

Finally yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore. I had gone away for the weekend to spend some quality time with my brother and sister in law but fretted about what my husband was doing back at home. He was there when I got in the door, but taking one look at him I knew he had been using (drink and/or drugs). He ended up taking our bose sound system and ........

Have you considered changing your locks to prevent him from showing up and stealing from you, again?

My husband a reason why he relapsed because I LIED to him about some keys that I had taken with me.

He's using because that's what addicts do. You, your actions or inactions, have no influence on his recovery. You are not that powerful. None of us are.

I am destroying myself by obsessing about my drug... my addicted husband.

Many of us become addicted to the drama/chaos of addiction, too.

I pray for him and all of your loved ones who struggle in this hellish vortex. I also pray for you to keep your heads up and hopeful for yourselves. Even if your loved one may not see the light in this lifetime, WE have the choice to let go and fix the one thing we can... ...ourselves.
Letting go of the outcomes is a critical component of imposing healthy boundaries for ourselves.