View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamaplus2kids

Narcissist and his children

A court order dictates that my two children (6 and 11) talk to their father--an alcoholic with narcissistic personality disorder--on Skype every week. Skype is a computer program that enables people to have phone conversations with video. When our kids talk to their father using Skype they do so without headsets. What they say and hear is on a loudspeaker.

Tonight, the conversation was quite boring until my babysitter overheard three disturbing points:

1) When our 6-year old son asked him "what did you do today dad?" my AXH said: "I'm trying to survive."

2) Then, AXH asked our son: "Do you see [mom's boyfriend]?" He asked this at least three times; each time our son ignored the question.

3) Then, my 11-year old daughter was describing my new computer to which he said: "Have mom send the old computer to Grandma (his mother). Don't ask your mom, just tell her."

In #1, he is trying to get our son to feel sorry for him.
In #2, he's inappropriately questioning our child.
In #3, I have long suspected covert incest. My AXH has often put our daughter in a position that is higher than mine. He has told her that she doesn't have to listen to what I say. This explains why I have been having such discipline problems with her.

This is the kind of man I have to deal with. Sometimes, I wonder if no contact at all would be better. Is there a point when no contact is better than some, even limited contact?