View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FrothyJay

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
No, because I am not disagreeing with the methods of the program. I was not "expanding on what I think is wrong with AA". I don't think AA's methods are wrong if they work for you.

But if AA's method's include telling others in an open forum that there is only one way for a certain type of drinker to recover, (propaganda), then yes I disagree. But being that I am fairly knowledgable about the steps and the BB I would have to say that this line of selling the AA program wasn't included in the program.

Here is what I am getting at, I know you and many others believe strongly in the methods you used in recovery, and I think that is great. But I don't understand why it almost seems you feel compelled to sell it as the only real method to find sobriety. Also I find it strange that many feel the need to protect it, like it's their God or their religion. Let's be honest, it is a program that helped you through the toughest times of your live and gave you the ultimate gift of sobriety by using the program. But remember it's not a deity, it is a recovery program that you use. There is no reason to be defensive about it or prop it up as the only way.

Again I don't see anything wrong with the 12 step AA program, I think it is the most widely used and I know it works for many people. I think its success speaks for itself.
I think I must have missed what you are talking about. Can you show me examples of people on this forum saying that AA is the only way to stay sober?

It would help me understand your argument. You can even private message me the links.