View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Supercrew

No, because I am not disagreeing with the methods of the program. I was not "expanding on what I think is wrong with AA". I don't think AA's methods are wrong if they work for you.

But if AA's method's include telling others in an open forum that there is only one way for a certain type of drinker to recover, (propaganda), then yes I disagree. But being that I am fairly knowledgable about the steps and the BB I would have to say that this line of selling the AA program wasn't included in the program.

Here is what I am getting at, I know you and many others believe strongly in the methods you used in recovery, and I think that is great. But I don't understand why it almost seems you feel compelled to sell it as the only real method to find sobriety. Also I find it strange that many feel the need to protect it, like it's their God or their religion. Let's be honest, it is a program that helped you through the toughest times of your live and gave you the ultimate gift of sobriety by using the program. But remember it's not a deity, it is a recovery program that you use. There is no reason to be defensive about it or prop it up as the only way.

Again I don't see anything wrong with the 12 step AA program, I think it is the most widely used and I know it works for many people. I think its success speaks for itself.