View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FrothyJay

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
Sorry, but I read that line of thinking here daily and I strongly disagree with it, and the whole post is my opinion, not just the line you disagree with.

Scare tactics may have worked to help you finally participate fully in your recovery program when nothing else did, and that is a good thing. But sometimes using those same tactics in a forum where people haven't yet chosen a recovery path might push people away from the help the really need. I don't disagree with your method of recovery, just the way some of you want to sell it.
Your post is passive/aggressive. The title is nice-- it suggests we should be open to all forms of recovery. You then spend quite a bit of time expanding on what you think is wrong with AA. Do you see the disconnect between first saying "all forms of recovery should be considered" and then using words like "propaganda" to talk about AA? And in the same post?

The extent of your program, from what I can tell, is why AA didn't work for you. Let's hear what does work for you.