View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Thanks SSIL! That is one of the reasons why I posted though. There is no reason to be afraid or uncomfortable to try AA. It works for many people and many people love the program. I have sat though many meetings and learned alot of information and heard some "shares" that I could relate to and some that I could not. It was a good experience for me at the time, and people shouldn't feel put off by the program just because others are so proud of it they want to drown you with why it is the best or only real option.

The only negative I really see in that program as opposed to other programs people are using in this forum is some of its members feel so compelled to talk about it's principles like there are no other real alternatives. Hopefully some of them will realize that the program will speak for itself with positive results and while some people might like the strong messages presented in these forums, I am sure others like you and myself will have the opposite feeling which could keep us drinking even when AA might have been the easiest option to use to quit.