View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Very good observation...

Shellcrusher. This is a very good observation, and I noticed a similar thing. A couple of strategies I've adopted, and try to follow with mostly success are as follows:
  1. I do take a break every once in awhile.
  2. I avoid posts where women are clearly being abused (screwed up on this, to my great regret, a couple of times).
  3. Very rarely but when necessary I block specific people (there's an anti-AA person on here who makes things up, cherry picks information from the internet that supports their beliefs, and takes studies out of context and then posts them as fact to newbies. I finally realized it is a waste of time to argue with them, and that they are so detached from any kind of reality I recognize I simply had to block them). Unfortunately, they are dangerous to newcomers and I haven't figured a way around them other than ignoring them and hoping for the best.
  4. I avoid posts that begin to be argumentative (althought sometimes I do kind of start it-- but I think that's a bad thing).

Lastly, and Dude to Dude, I noticed you have a tendency to tell people what to do rather than simply sharing your experience, or how certain things worked out for you. I recognize it because I have the same tendency. That said, I find your posts to be a positive part of the community so I hope you stay awhile.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak