View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tiggertym

I just detoxed from Xanax at a center. I was on as much as 6mg a day. I once quit cold turkey and it took a week until the racing thoughts, racing heart rate, irratiablity, etc. wore off. But I went back so I can't tell you how long until I had normal sleep. This time I went to detox, actually, I was sent to there because I was really acting crazy, suicidal thoughts and they were worried that I was going to seize. It took me about three days for me to be detoxed in the center. They have other meds that help taper you down. It took me about 3 weeks until I could sleep again. I started taking melatonin and its working for me. It's a different kind of sleep then when taking xanax but it is actually more refreshing in the morning. Stick with it, after the body aches and everything else goes away things will get so much better. I am sober 29 days today and I feel a little better everyday but cravings do seem to come up out of nowhere sometimes but they wont be as bad as you feel with withdrawls. I found this site to be very helpful and I'm going to start going to meetings this week. I have been in an outpatient rehab center.