View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Oliveoyl

Today I had a mason (nice looking fella a septic guy (nice looking fella
and furnace guy here today giving me estimates, I was proud I have come this far and actually knew what I was talking about!!

That's become me too! It's so empowering to know that I can hold my own @ the kitchen counter cooking, buying a car (xah ALWAYS dealt with that. I hate the haggling - but I sucked it up and did it), dealing with fixing things, changing oil etc. I've learned so much about what I am capable of. I'm also learning to love myself and trust myself again. A year ago my world was falling apart, I had just filed for divorce. Was living with my parents because xah would not leave our home. I'm happy to say I'm on the rise again and it's coming very quickly.

The warrior dash that I'm doing has you repelling down a cliff, climbing over a hay maze, crawling through mud under an obstacle course, running in waist deep h20 and even walking through fire. I'm pretty girlie girl by nature, but if I can survive what I've been through I know I can do this. My bff is doing it with me. Kind of a symbolic race in a way.

Hopefully I am not coming across as bragging, this is meant to be a post of hope, peace and happiness for a new life ~ free of addiction.