View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
myheadhurts

Originally Posted by seeingsanity View Post
To MYHEADHURTS:
If you dont mind me asking, how many mg were you taking a day? and I know that the withdraws is going to take a long time to recover from but, how long did it take for the detox? how long was it until you were able to sleep on your own?

I went cold turkey from 10mg+ xanax and a few other benzos, so I guess it was a zero day detox. Many places offer inpatient detox services, many of which do a rapid taper over a few days then send the patient packing with a handful of phenibarbital to deal with withdrawal symptoms. Basically these places just get you out of the seizure danger zone (seizures are quite common with rapid withdrawal from benzos).

It took several weeks for me to be able to sleep again, and by sleep I mean 2-3 hours over the course of the night. Now 7 months off I usually sleep 5 hours, sometimes more, but I wake between each sleep cycle.

You mention "sleep on your own" does this mean you are taking something to help you sleep? If you are and it is a Z-class sleeping drug, they work on the same receptors as benzos and thus mitigate benzo withdrawal.

Good luck. Benzo withdrawal sucks.