Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoloMio

I hope this is not a thread hijack, so if it is, please ignore. But I feel I HAVE to record something that happened on our "anniversary vacation." I did have a great time on this vacation, but this happened on one day of the four that we were in FL, the day that we were going to a really nice resort.

My AH had bought the two nights at this resort at a fund-raiser sponsored by my daughter's non-profit. We finally cashed it in. Because it was actually past the expiration date, my AH did his "charming guy" thing and the public relations director honored the gift certificate. I have to admit, it was awesome. We had a great room.

BUT, the day we were to check in, he had in his head the whole persona thing--so, early in the day he dressed up in his fancy duds so he could work his wiles and maybe even do better at check-in, meet the public relations director, be his charming self and get something out of it.

UNFORTUNATELY, he drank all day and passed out in the car when my brother and SIL drove us to the place. When I tried to wake him up, he cursed at me. The valet parkers were waiting for us, so my brother woke him up, and he cursed at me again--loudly. It was embarrassing. So I just ran in there to check in. I wasn't looking forward to a scene in the lobby of this very expensive resort.

Well, after I checked in, he literally RANTED for 5 hours--"How DARE You!!!" and "You USURPED me!!" and "I'M the Big Shot! Why couldn't you let ME be the BIG SHOT!"

What a shame.

I feel guilty writing this out, because I'm not interested in bashing him necessarily, but I have to remind myself of these ludicrous exchanges so that it's easier to recognize them for what they are--at this very vulnerable stage, when I have made arrangements to live elsewhere for a while.

So, I appreciate the list. I can check a few of them off there.