View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
blwninthewind

Don't know about how you feel about this...but she's in a rehab hospital for her ankle recovery? or is it a step down hospital for her alcohol dependence or have they decided that both are factors to keep her there?
I think it's an excellent oppty for you to bring a therapist to her...see if they have in house "friends of Bill W" meetings..etc...
she is far safer there than anywhere else...confusion or not.

I also agree that UTI's are a major factor when confusion suddenly comes into play in a person that has never had that kind of problems before. I would bet that it's NOT just detox, but an underlying problem or infection as well.

I think you need to ask the charge nurse on that unit to call in the social worker to talk w/ you and your mom about your options. That is what they get paid to do and often there are community options and resources that they are aware of that the general population (or normies) don't know about regarding addiction recovery.
the nurse can also help YOU...obtain help you need to care for your mom and to help heal ...of course Alnon is great. But there are other options too...why not see what is available to you both? It certainly can't hurt.