View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

Sounds to me like his drinking is a problem/solution for him, but MORE IMPORTANTLY its a problem for you.
I really understand the anger and frustration of bringing home money and scrimping and that huge monkey on his back sucking a large chunk of money away every week, everyday.

I am not in a rural area, but my alanon sponsor and I run in distant social circles. We run into each other, and no one even knows we know each other or why, if they do.

Like Thumper said, People in alanon meetings are there for all different reasons.
People in my home group are there for husbands, wives, grown children, and some for parents who are long passed.

NO one needs to know who you are there to gain support over. I do not know who many people in my home group are dealing with, because many people share without that revelation. The point being, everyone there is being affected by the alcoholism of someone in their life, even if it was a parent long passed.

I cannot explain the peace that comes when you go into those meetings and just feel or realize that you are not alone.

Good Luck