Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SereniTee

It is definately worth it I like you took alot of Valium they are much less likely to keep perscribing it here in the UK and we can't go from Doc to Doc so I ended up getting lots illegally. I said I would only take them every now and then but was pretty quickley up to 40mg per day. I only started taking them to get off of booze and cocaine but actually found that they relieved all my symptons much better than ever and so got potentially an even bigger problem from them. I had also been a daily weed smoker and like yourself it hadn't worked for a long time.

Luckily for me I was already in AA when I bought all the valium and once sharing with my sponsor about what I was doing she convinced me to give it all to my mum so she could put it in a public bin. (trash can hehe). I haven't taken drugs since.

I thought giving up drinking and coke was easy and I had no intention of getting completely clean at 1st. Once I stopped the weed and valium the real work began and like you I really struggled. However after about 2 months of white knuckling, meetings, working with my sponsor and reading/posting here I am now 9 months clean and feel like a totally different person. I feel like a miracle has taken place I still have a long way to go but I feel SO much better and to think that I can feel this good WITHOUT drugs would have been a crazy concept to me this time last year.

I have even been able to come off my anti-depressant SSRI medication - it's amazing!

You have to be honest, open to new ideas and willing. I found the thing that helped me the most was trusting people who had been through something similar who said it would get better and seeing how it had changed their lives. I hope that you can get through the rough parts to see the beauty that comes after.

Much love Thatfeel xxx