Old 02-15-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
redbud

We have been looking for a lawyer.

The longer my son is not using drugs (except the methadone), the clearer we are seeing the real picture. We see childish behavior and manner of speaking, seeking approval as a child would, "Mom, I put the dishes away...are you proud of me mom?", laying on the floor petting the dogs for HOURS, being unable to figure out complex tasks (at all) or make even small decisions; impaired judgment (putting it mildly), and sleep disturbances....at times falling asleep while eating or talking....there is something very wrong.

This was the same person who thought Boot Camp was easy, because he had prepared so rigorously for it. The same person who during his fist week at Presidio of Monterey (defense language institute), proclaimed he was determined to win the top honor award....and 18 months later, he did (presented by the commander in a ceremony). The same person who graduated "top of his class" in everything he did, and had letters of recomendation from superiors. The same person who thought it was an honor to serve his country and be in the Air Force, and had plans for the future and his life planned out.

In my mind (and my husband's), it all comes back to the undiagnosed head injury...sustained while in the military.

As my husband said, "He went in a man, and came back a child".

I'd better go....my son is going to take out the trash but he asked if I would go with him because he gets lonely and scared in the dark. I cannot believe this is happening.