View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

This is the top of the "Damn Right" Pyramid

"He is in desperate need of a new enabler." There is no possible way to be more right than Noday is about this. In all of history when people were right about something, they were not more right than this. She's more right than Galileo. She's more right than Einstein. And, don't hate me for this, but she's more right than Oprah (Sacrilege!!!!).

She may also be right about Ms. Flavour of the Week (or Flavor if you are in The States), and I agree that if/when she becomes a permanent fixture polite rapport may make life easier.

That said, FOTW may not be gone soon. If she's like I was, she'll be around for a long, long, time as she struggles to control him and his drinking in the guise of "saving" him. However, if she's like I am now she'll be gone soon. Very soon.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Of course he's "moved on" (or should I say "LATCHED ON") to someone else. He is in desperate need of a new enabler that will allow him to continue to feel ok about his addiction and avoid at all costs examining himself. No surprise there.

I surmise that Ms. Flavour of the Week will be gone soon, so I wouldn't make any kind of effort to communicate with her or introduce your daughters to her. Should she become a more permanent fixture, you can start to establish a polite rapport.