View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
crazycatlady

Exhausted & Sick of the ups & downs

I am new here. I just needed somewhere to express what I have been going through. My Mother is in the hospital, and has been for 2 weeks. She broke her ankle, and about 3 - 4 days after entering the hospital she began to detox. It was very difficult, then at the end of last week she seemed to be getting better. Sunday we had a good talk about her drinking, and I told her I was there to support her in trying to quit. I was hopeful for the first time in a long time that she might get help.. As the evening wore on she became more confused, but I thought it was just the morphine they had given her. Then last night she was completely out of sorts. She did not know where she was, or even remember that she had broken her ankle. I called her nurse this morning and she knows where she is, but is feeling highly anxious and thinks she needs to leave. I am completely exhaused from the last 2 weeks of the up & down of her detox. I'm at work, but can not focus at all, I just don't know what to do. How long can this up & down go on for? I just want to cry.