Thread: My situation
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
cp85rn

Thank you all for all of your support!
I like how you said it was like talking to a potatoe. I always refer to it as talking to a brick wall. hah...

and yes, it scares me to think how much he drinks to get drunk... It really does! Cuz he is 240 lbs and 6'1", and it isn't a light weight. :-( and it also really scares me to have all these stories that started out similar to mine, and how they have progressed to worse over the years... Of course I'm glad I am not alone, and it's good to know the reality... but it just sucks that there isn't a switch you could flip in someone's mind to make everything all better...

I don't ever see myself leaving him yet... It really brings tears to my eyes to even think about it. I feel like if I left him now, that I wouldn't have given it my all, and that it would only make his drinking habits worse...

Let me ask your advice to whoever is reading... should I tell my husbands Dad? My husbands dad is his boss at work, and is also a recovered alcoholic (12 years sober)... I am so close to sending him an email or phone call... but I dunno if that would be a good idea.