View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

Amazing how they move on.....

I wrote recently about how I couldn't get my XAH out of my house........then he finally left.
So he is still gone (yay) and my life isn't perfect, but it is better. Most of my struggles now lie with the issues of single parenthood. For example; this morning we were supposed to go to school early for "Muffins with Mom". I forgot. I guess my daughter forgot too, since she didn't mention it, but I feel really bad about that. It should have been our special morning. I am finding that even when he was around, I did do most of the stuff for the kids, but I guess he did do some things around the house, because even in the calm there is now a different kind of chaos. Not a bad chaos, just a fly by the seat of our pants kind of chaos. Anyway, I am getting way off topic here.

My XAH came to see the girls briefly this weekend, the first time in over 2 weeks. He was preoccupied the entire time with searching through the garage for a cord for his playstation.(ALL HIS CRAP IS STILL IN MY GARAGE ) Come to find out he moved in with a woman (ALREADY!!!!) and they are in love and blah, blah, blah and he wanted to play video games with her young son that afternoon! So, he comes under the pretense of missing his kids and wanting to spend some time with them, and then just looks for the stupid cord after spending maybe 20 minutes with them.

I really couldn't care less if I ever see him again. He was obviously still drinking (not that I really wondered) and just having him there for that short time nearly made me crazy. The problem is......here he is, with these 2 wonderful, sweet, amazing daughters who want to play with him and he is more concerned about getting back to his new house to play with this kid he barely knows. He stated at one point that I needed to make an effort to bring the girls (its about half an hour away) over there to see the place and meet this chick. Okay, I would want to do that if there was ever a possiblility of them spending any time there......but really? Here he is, moved in and in love, and telling me what I better do.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this "meet and greet" should be handled? I don't know if she is an alcoholic too or not. She has a couple of kids and she has custoday, so maybe not.

Thank you for any input. You are all wonderful and strong and I really value your opinions!

M