Thread: 2nd Step
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Music

Originally Posted by Nula View Post
I am only on step 2, have never been a religious sort....and am struggling with believing a power greater than myself can restore me to sanity.....appreciate any insights!
I came to the realization that I was religious about a lot of things....drinking for one. I don't have to go to church or believe in something to be religious. If I do the same things day in and day out, like going to work, or going to the gym, that could also be termed as being religious. I drank every day....day in and day out always thinking things would change for the better. Never did. Got worse! Not only religious but insane thinking!! Today I'm religious about AA and working on my relationship with my Higher Power. Which brings us to your other point. Look in the mirror and remember the last time you were drunk, hung over and things were coming down around your ears....all because of your ability or inability to make the proper choices. If you can't come to the realiztion that there's got to be something more powerful and greater than what you're looking at, you're in the right place.