View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

i don't mean to label people, and if i did i apologize. i was labeling behaviors in the context of my experience with alcoholics, with myself, and from duq's other posts. nor do I mean that everybody here is codependent, enabling, or controlling.

I would argue that, at any given time, many (but not all) of the people on this board are exhibiting one or more of these behaviors in their personal lives. I would also argue that, rarely, do these behaviors improve our lives and situations.

i will also front that i, personally, am codependent and controlling and in recovery for that. i also used to be an enabler, but have completely recovered from that. in fact, i may have over-corrected, but only because when in doubt i don't help.

so, to summer who I respect a great deal but am pretty certain i've pissed off at least twice, and also the rest of you, please note that when I use these terms I don't mean to offend and i don't mean to label specific people. again, i apologize if i offended or hurt anybody here.

cyranoak

p.s. i, of all people, have no business labeling other people.