View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I agree with Summer...

As another poster stated, it may be that non-AA people are technically not supposed to share in an Open AA meeting. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that's correct.

I go to an open AA meeting every week. I'm one of two non-alcoholics who attend this meeting. The people there have never been anything but gracious and welcoming. The two of us never share until the end after every AA there has had a chance to share, but we do share. In fact, there have been times we've been invited to share during the meeting, and we are always invited to their yearly picnic as well. I can't speak for her, but I feel as much a part of this meeting as I do my Al-Anon meetings.

I'll finish with suggesting that you let this one go, agree to disagree with this woman who may strongly believe what she told you, and continue to attend what is, in fact, an open AA meeting.

If, on the other hand, they take a group conscious and decide they agree with her that's different. Until then, enjoy your meeting.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Summerpeach View Post
Why get hurt? It's really probably some recovering addict who still carries their bitterness telling you what they see.
Any seasoned, well adjusted AA memeber would NEVER EVER make anyone feel out of place in a meeting.
Take it in the spirit it was given and let it go