View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bama1984

Am I having withdrawals?!

Hello,
I'm a 26 year old male and started drinking in college around 6 years ago and have since. During my college years I would on occasion binge drink at parties and social drinking at night. We didn't necessarily drink every night, but quite often. When I graduated college I still maintained my social drinking at night. Sometimes I might drink 2 beers and sometimes I might drink 6 beers, or I might have a couple martini's on occasion instead. I had a physical and my blood pressure was slightly up and the doctor gave me a diuretic. Three days laters I got a light headed and flushed at dinner and thought it was the medication so I stopped it. This light headedness came and went for a week. One night I did go out with friends and we drank a pitcher of beer and margaritas and I got drunk. The next day I felt a little lightheaded again, but when it came to dinner I felt absolutely horrible! I had to go to the ER due to my feeling that I was going to pass out. They did and EKG, MRI, MRA, Cat scan, and blood work with everything coming back normal. So they sent me home and once again I've had nothing but water or tea to drink but ever since I've left the hosptial I've have had anxiety, sweating, muscle weakness, and other random symptoms, but no fever. Could this really be from not having alcohol? I never "crave" alcohol or feel that I need it or has it ever interfered with my life, but that is really the only thing that has changed in my life. Could my body of been dependent on it and me not even know it? I've gone a day or two without drinking before and not had these problems. It seems my symptoms have drastically gone down a week after leaving the emergency room, but it feels like soemthing in my body is fluctuating. Some parts of the day I will be perfectly fine and then other parts I will get lightheaded again or feel "weird". This is scary if this is alcohol related. Please...any information or input would be greatly appreciated. Can alcohol withdrawal symptoms come and go?