Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MIBluebird

Well, I was good...but I suffered for it. I haven't been out in awhile and my husband was glad to see me get off the couch. We went to the library (he sat in the car) and I got books from my favorite authors, went out to lunch and he had 2 glasses of wine (and 1 glass before we left the house). We were supposed to go to a movie but had an hour to kill and he wanted to go to the Mall...I refused because I didn't need that temptation. I suggested we drive around (it's a beautiful sunny day which is rare this time of year in MI) and he ended up getting mad at me and we came home instead. He's always very understanding and wonderful to me but he doesn't get what I'm going through (probably because it's such a departure from who I used to be). Saturdays used to be our day to go out to lunch (he would have 2 martinis and a glass of wine and I'd have three glasses of wine). This would lead to going to our neighborhood bar for the rest of the afternoon where we would get trashed. We don't have much in common anyway and without alcohol, I don't know how this relationship can last. How many of you have lost relationships when you've become sober and your partner still drinks or almost everything they do revolves around drinking?