View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Here's what happened when I did it...

She was livid, but she went for the full 30 days and came out swearing she'd never drink again and she was a new woman. It didn't work. She drank for the next 7 years, and worse than ever.

Or did it? It was where she was introduced to AA, and it was where I was introduced to Al-Anon, and where our daughter was introduced to Alateen.

They say it's the first drink that gets you drunk. The intervention just may have been a different kind of first drink for her-- her first step towards sobriety. I'll always be thankful I got the guts to do the intervention.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranok

P.s. **ck statistics. They are meaningless in the context of your personal relationship to addicts and alcoholics.

Originally Posted by HeyImme View Post
I keep reading about full-fledged interventions...statistics claiming the success rate of interventions as far as convincing the alcoholic to go to treatment being 85% - 90%. Really??? And if so, I wonder what percentage of those that go actually maintain sobriety? Just wondered if anyone here had done an intervention and if so, did it result in treatment and/or long-term sobriety for your alcoholic?