Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
sunshine321
It is what it is

It's not so fresh in my mind anymore, thank God. I guess that's progress. However, some will remain, probably forever.

"It's my Friday too." (or weekend, day off, etc.)

"You think you're so sexy."

"What goes on at work? why don't you ever talk about it? I know you must talk to other men or they must hit on you all the time. Why do you keep it from me?
What about your bosses?"

"You went to work dressed like that?" or "Look at you wearing those tight pants so everyone will look at your ass." (meanwhile I'm wearing yoga pants)

"Me, jealous? I'm not jealous. why would I be jealous? of what?"

"Maybe if you weren't such a bitch, I wouldn't have to. . . (fill in the blank)

"Expletives" directed at me. Take your pick, the worse, the more often used (c word was a big favorite of his), just for shock value but they stopped shocking after the first 20 times or so. And this dude is pretty intelligent so the way he could string a line of them together was creative and almost poetic.

"I'll never stop drinking, NEVER, so don't hold your breath."

"I never lie. I've got morals, values and integrity. I guess our morals are just different."

My personal favorite: "I know I'm an alcoholic. So what?"

Oh yeah, and used time and time again, "Get out. This is MY house. Why don't you pack all your crap and get the f*ck out?" This was before, during and after he was in recovery/sobriety. This was said in a rage at me at least 1 a month. And he was right, technically it was his house. He actually went to his lawyer to find out how he could have me evicted and told me about it and his lawyer sent me a letter. NICE!!!! Me and my two kids. What a dreamboat, right?

For me, here is the best quack of them all. When I finally decided I needed to go and I told him I was leaving, packing up my crap and the kids and moving out, his response was . . . drumroll please . . . "But you can't go. I'm not ready yet." REALLY???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? Bahahahahahahaha And that was 1 1/2 years into sobriety, active in AA. OMG!

Quack quack quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Peace,
Jen