View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by tryintosmile View Post

As an afterthought, I should mention that ABF's second wife left him 'out of the blue' after 2 years together. He was blown away. Told everyone he was a model husband and could not understand why this could have happened. He milked being the victim, and perhaps he was - I'll never personally know. I know that he was no angel, but I do know that she had several affairs and moved away with her job to be with one of these men. It took him years to get over it, and may have been the beginning of his heavy drinking (I know he always drank though - alcoholism runs in his family on both sides). I believe that if I were to do the same to him, it might take him over the edge. This is why I believe he's so worried about how it may be done and therefore it's all the more reason why I want him to 'believe' it's his decision. I cannot control him, but I may be able to work it for him to agree.

Thanks again,

TTS
I understand what you are saying here... but I also would love for you to have as much caring and compassion for yourself as you have for him. You can justify and make all the excuses in the world for his behavior but the bottom line is that you are hurting badly and your sense of "self" is getting so lost in the turmoil. Everything is all about him. What about you?