Thread: OT- Work & envy
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

TC:

After I found recovery from alcoholism I returned to my 'field' of employment, but somehow, it just wasn't the same. I was almost always dissatisfied, really didn't have any ambition to continue, absolutely HATED the 'office politics, etc

So at 6 years sober and 41 years of age, I went back to school. Changed my field, was able to use a lot of my previous 'credits' to fill in the credits I needed and in 18 months became an RN. Now during those 18 months of LONG HOURS of study and school, I also worked at close to 'minimum wage' doing 'home care' of the 'housebound.

After getting my license, and by then having made some contacts with the local doctors, I started my own Home Health Care Business at 43 years old, taking care of the terminally ill and/or totally incapacitated. Until my health got the better of me, I had a thriving business, with 5 other nurses and 7 CNAs working for me.

That was the happiest, busiest, most fulfilling time of my life. I had finally found what i was not only good at, but ENJOYED doing.

It's not too late to either get more education for your field and go with a new company where there would be more possibilities for advancement, or go back to school and change your 'field of employment.'

Something else I learned over my working career, is that when employees start 'gossiping about others salaries they usually 'emblemish' what they or another is or was making to make themselves feel better.

Don't beat yourself up, please. Go read some of your early threads to see just how far you have come in these past 3+ years!!!!!!

You can be whatever you want to be, the problem is, first you have to figure out what you want to be, lol

You can do this, whatever this turns out to be!!!!!

Love and hugs,