View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Beth and StarCat, it looks like a Barbie tux.
It does, doesn't it? It's not, though.

XABF used to always tie things onto packages at Christmas. The bigger ornaments on the tree are ones that were on my packages - except the tux.

I tied the tux on his package last year at Christmas. He owned his own tuxedo, and wore it Valentine's Day that year when we went to see a Duprees concert. He looked so handsome, in his tux, and he was the only guy in the whole theater not wearing jeans. A lot of husbands got a talking to, especially since he'd also bought me flowers to wear on my wrist. I wanted to remember that night, and also drop a hint that he should do it again. (Plus he had tied a "little black dress" to one of mine the year before.)

He used to always buy me flowers, to the point he and the flower shop owner were on first name basis, he got a 20% discount on anything he bought (since he went so often), and he always specified exactly what he wanted. They were always gorgeous.

Too bad there was an abusive, unstable, self-absorbed, chauvinistic alcoholic hiding behind the flowers and under the tuxedo.

I prefer the kitten. <3