View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

My dog gives me the constancy in my life-from the time I get up till I go to bed.

He is set in his routines - sleeping in the morning, our daily walks, playtime, snuggle time and the most important time for him-dinner time. This gives me the consistency I need and it shows ABF that consistency and responsibility go hand in hand.

After all, My pup can't walk or feed himself-I am responsible for that. I'll admit there were times that I shirked those responsibilities for ABF and his issues but no more. He is responsible for himself while I am responsible for myself and puppy dog.

Throughout his short life, my boy has been there for me - never wavering, always ready with a tailwag, a shoulder to lean on, always unconditional love and acceptance. He has seen me through some of the worst times of my life and the best.

Along with my furry child, I am working on on-line courses at home so I have to set a routine there. That gives me more consistency and responsibility because I have a goal in mind and in order to reach that goal, I have to slog through the courses. That, coupled with volunteer work once a week, has put the structure in my life I need.

For me, structure equals serenity and peace. Of course there will be bumps in the road, but knowing that I have a routine, consistency helps me to deal with the roadblocks.