Forgiveness is giving up
the hope that the past
could have been any different.

<snip>
You let that go and you move
forward with the grace that God
(or your own Higher Power)
has given you from this day on.

Oh I love it. I wish I could have seen the program. Thank you for sharing. Those few lines say so much. I love when my rambling thoughts can be captures so articulately by a sentence or two!

I posted yesterday in another thread about how I let go of the anger and resentment through acceptance - it seems all tied in to me.

Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different. Yes. So powerful. It allowed me to forgive him and myself.

You let that go and you move forward with grace. Oh goodness yes. Letting that go, to me, is acceptance that I can not change the present reality to get a future fantasy. Let all that go. The resentments evaporate and we can move forward with grace. Love it.

I also managed to get to this a long time ago with my parents. My mom died many years ago so maybe in some ways that actually made it easier because there was not knew daily hurts or expectations surround an adult relationship. It took me a little longer with my dad (not an A). It really is freeing. My brother was not able to do that and it seems like a painful place to be.

I'm so glad I logged on to SR today - Thank you!