View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
naive

hi coffeelover-

when i first arrived here at the safe port of SR, everyone kept telling me to take the focus off of him and put it back onto me. i honestly didn't know how to do that, as i was quite exhausted from putting out fires.

alcoholism will take the whole family down. it almost took me down.

it doesn't sound as if you can leave the children in his care. he already got the neighbor to blow into the interlock system, he lies and hides his drink.

it might be helpful to speak up to your friends and family and tell them what is going on. i know you are a private person, but you need some support.

your husband sounds very sick, with the alcoholism, pill popping and also bulimia.

you have two small children. i know its difficult to consider that you need to protect them from their father, but it sounds as if this is so.

have you considered getting a therapist for yourself?

is there anyone that can help you? what about contacting his family and explaining what is going on? maybe he could leave and go stay with them.

are there any organizations that could help? you mentioned that you go to church...perhaps share your story with the minister and maybe the church can help with childcare...

try to reach out for help.