Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by duqld1717 View Post
How is it that certain people have power over us like this and others dont?? Before I met my ex, I came across many guys that acted needy towards me or wanted me to do things for them and I told them to go "stick it where the sun don't shine"....then I met my ex, and I thought his words were as sacred and important as the Bible. He was an alcoholic of course but why is it that we let certain people control us and others we don't? Any thoughts?
Oh, that's easy.... Kidding! I've wondered the same thing, Duqld1717. There were plenty of times I'd told a guy to take a hike. I suspected one of cheating on me. Later. One guy came into the store where I worked every day. Sweet, but please don't. He kept on. I told him, Really, go away.

The major red flagger that I caught was one I dated just as I started college. He told me there was no way was I moving to Oregon to go to school, when I'd gotten pretty near a full ride; I laughed; he was serious: I was supposed to stay with him. See ya and no looking back. But you know, if XAH and I had been dating then instead, I think I would have said "OK, I'll stay here." So, thank god for small favors. And I will need to really think about why this relationship was different.