View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 08:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rose56

Great Topic, I was just writing to a friend about this very thing. Acceptance means that some things and situations just are. They exist, and no amount of effort on my part will change them. Acceptance is not giving up, its realizing that situations you don't like exist, and may continue to exist forever. When I can get my thinking to real acceptance, then it is as if a hugh burden is unloaded from my sholders. When I accept something, I don't have to keep trying to find a way to fix it. I can finnaly move my attention to other more positive things. The thing I don't like just is, and now for something completely different................ Wow, I can just live with some things I don't like, I don't have to try to improve them, just live with them.

I found when I was trying so hard to improve things, that things didn't improve, and I felt defeated. Now if I can accept certain circumstances, then I can focus on small victories. So slowly my attitudes are shifting, but it is happening, that is the power of acceptance.