View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
OklaBH

Originally Posted by ronf View Post
3 weeks!?! F'in MEOW way to go!! Nosey Ron wants to know what your doing to achieve this? No mention of meetings or support systems of any kind? Just grabbin your but with both hands and hangin on??? Sorry kiddo your never cured and you don't get to graduate. As long as I've been sober the compulsion will still hit. I might go a couple years and all of a sudden it's there!! Fortunately I have a great support system, DO YOU? That includes a loving and understanding wife along with a sponser and the people I sponser. I have meetings available to me almost 24/7.

OK, I'm now off my soapbox. Glad you like my pic! That's my newest G'son. After surviving 2 daughters I now have 4 G'sons and the revenge IS sweet Any toy I buy MUST make noise. Also the thought of my daughters dealing with teenage testosterone gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over :rotfxko

Your friend, Ron

Thanks Nosey Ron! LOL! Besides reading on here everyday...I have my husband, mother in law and one great friend who has been through it and then through it again. I will go to a meeting. I actually look forward to it. Right now we cant even get out of the house. We have been snowed in since Monday night. Really sucks. I never imagined myself being stuck in the house for 3 days with out a drink...but it seriously hasnt bothered me. Knock on wood! Oh also I had the flu. I used to think alcohol kept me from getting sick. Maybe I was right?!?

OMG you sound like my dad. He has 2 daughters and now 4 grandsons. Its so funny to see him with the boys. He is a totally different grandpa than he was a dad.

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope things continue to go well!