Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
redbud

Anewday, thank you for sharing your story and I hope your son continues to get better. Thank you to every one for your posts of wisdom and support.

I did file papers to have my son committed today, and the police came and took him to the hospital. I don't know if it will "stick" or if they will call me and say they're discharging him. He acted very lucid when the police came, of course.

My son had been going to the methadone clinic for two days, with a carload of local people who drive up the mountain every day to get their methadone. Well, today a couple approached me at the middle school, (former drug users, now on methadone) and told me they were scared my son was going to overdose, as he thinks the methadone clinic started him on too low a dose so he is "supplementing" with other things. They alluded to methadone pills.( I thought he seemed rather sedated yesterday and today...but still wandering the house all night again!)

I drove right over to the local mental health clinic and asked to speak to a crisis worker. He happened to remember my son, and I told him all that has been happening. After having an emergency meeting and calling the psychiatrist, they strongly recomended we have him committed. So, I did.

He is very angry at us. I just pray they keep him, at least for enough time for us to have options to offer, other than the street.

The crisis workers thought the situation sounded dangerous. My son is able to present himself so well when necessary though. In fact, the officer who came told us he remembered him, and said how polite and intelligent he was!
(great.....right?) I think they respect that he's a veteran.

The crisis worker said it will be difficult for anyone to get through his shell, after over three years of "covert operations" training.

Please pray that they do commit him, and find the right place for him to receive the help he deserves.

After the police came my husband cried and said he can't take this any more.

I am sad. And very, very tired.