View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Verbena

Originally Posted by duqld1717 View Post
I am so glad to know that there are other people out there that have experienced the same things. Sometimes I look at people who are in healthy relationships and I think what is wrong with me that I cant be in a healthy relationship too. Maybe if I just behave better or not nag him or tell him I love him more, we would get along better. After awhile you do start to believe that you are the problem in the relationship. Being with him is really starting to affect my relationships with friends because all I do is worry what he's thinking or going to do next. My job is also starting to feel the effects. I am less focused than I use to be because all I can do is focus on his feelings. Now I know that this is simply the life of dating an alcoholic. You slowly lose yourself because they want you to be as low as them. I believe now that the problem has nothing to do with me and he would have these issues with anyone that he dates in the future.
Sounds like you know what's going on. There's nothing I need to tell you except to say that alcoholism is progressive. It gets worse--not better. He'll drag you down with him and put you through hell of you let him. He'll even say it's all your fault.

And you are right. He'd have these issues with anyone he's with. You can do better.