View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kia

well in his defence he knew of the alcoholic i was with before him but as ive not really gone into any great detail about my time with the drinker as well dont they say u shouldnt discuss previous partners with new ones so ive never gone into alot of detail i did that nite told him a very small bit of it and im not about to cut myself off from every single person i know who drinks cos that would mean all my family and most of my friends that would be madness eh.

And no u havent spoiled anything and yes i will do what i want spent too much time with someone who tried to control my every move and am not about to hand over control of my life to anyone else but me.

Correct me if im wrong but one of our al anon sayings is let there be no critism of each other and no gossip and yet somehow on here i do feel at times critised if i dont do things exactly as im told to do and im sure al anon doesnt teach us that but i will bow to those more in the know about al anon than i who is a mere novice.

And as for getting to know what i want yes i am truly feeling the happiest i have felt in along time cos im getting to know the real me and what it is that i want and not trying to please everyone else so yes thats me getting to recognise what it is that i want and i feel good right now happy in my own skin its not always like that i do know i do have down times as is to be expected but i know im coming on in leaps and bounds cos my al anon friends can see the huge change in me im more confident and less worried what others thinks and i do hope this doesnt sound like me having a go cos it really isnt ive taken what i liked and left the rest xxxxkia