Thread: well...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
endzoner
Being Me for the first time

Welcome Back Andy .... (Dave) ..

I often wondered what became of you , Your screen name is why .. something about it in my train of thoughts i spose , anyways . you ask of sucess storys outside AA .
Well Im not sure if Im AA or not , tho I do attend a meeting here and there , but its a long ways for me to make a meeting like I would love to make ,
So you see , Im not your typical AA'er
I have maintained my soberity with out relapse since day one , today I am 7 yrs plus a few months sober .
Ive been asked countless times how do I do it . To be honnest Im not sure I can put it in a sentence f understaning for another , Tho I know it been workin for me . As a rule of thumb , I do something each day revolving around my soberity , be it come here and read/post . hit the chat room , ( attend the fri nite online meeting ) read a page from reflections , and have a gain size piece of patience and hope, that I'll stay sober today .

For many it takes lots more then that .. its what works for YOU .. if my plan wasent workin I would doctor it up til it does work .Another big thing for me that does help .. thats helping others ..I need to empty my cup as one said in a recent meeting . and filling it back up any means possible ( meetings/reading/sharing) . Not sure my ramblings help or not but , Just find something that can work for you .. and stay with it each day , no matter what .. gotta make time for it .. weclome back again Andy .. huggles End