Thread: Hello again.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NewPosture
Newb

Hello again.

I have 12 posts on this forum from 2 separate quitting experiences. One in Mid 09. I quit drinking, asked for support around visiting friends who were boozers... you all told me not to. I did, and started again. It's now over a year later.

Current status: better job, more responsibility, more creativity, even in my home town (I had previously worked in a different area).

I began drinking during the day about a month ago. I'm up to over a fifth.

Nothing happened. Maybe an extra fight with my partner, or maybe a few extra tired days. A few pay day loans for booze. But I just got sick of it again. I can't feel like crap every day and likely contribute to the ruin of my relationship(s).

I talked to a chemical dependency counselor after calling around. I didn't want one of those creepy pay-to-get-a-certificate programs, but I think I found a good one through my insurance. He suggested I go to a doc to get 100% clean before I go back to him.

So, I got a doc and a step off plan. I quit Saturday (you know-- Friday night) and started on Ativan. 3 nights isn't bad. I need to stay sober until Friday, when I talk to my CD counselor again and determine what to do from there.

Anyway. Long story. Hello again.