Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Toronto68

I think there could be good information on what to expect in the sticky thread found here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

As for me, I can briefly say that around that time (between 30 and 60), I was experiencing a bit of elation over the fact I had made it that far, since I had never gone without drinking longer than a couple of weeks or days for years and years. I literally checked my bank records to make sure I was not dreaming (it's rare that I pay in cash for anything, and as a card swiper I would have seen transactions online as per usual). In the offing, however, were confusion, loss of confidence, and inertia. I don't really know what "nervous breakdown" means, but that's how I think of it. I shut down and hardly did anything for a long time; stopped looking for work, etc. That was going on a year ago. While that was specific to me, I think what that might have in common with other people is a general state of uncertainty, emotional fragility and whatever else comes with the Post-Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) for some time after quitting.