View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1_day@_a_time

It was always suggested I look for the similarities, not the differences.

So, alcoholic/addict, it really does not make much of a difference.

Bill W & Bob S our co-founders were both. So am I.......

Granted the drugs of today are different, but we have a disease of perception, a mind powered disease.

The literature says I have warped my mind on pg 21 of the 12 x 12. LOL.......and I sure do believe that!

I am not interested in telling "my story" (or candidly in hearing yours), as we all know how to drink, use, fall down, crash cars, hurt people, or maybe even a trip to jail, or a DUI. (or more)

What is CRITICAL for my life, is to learn how to live in the moment, coping without alcohol/drugs and having meaningful relationships in every aspect of my life.

How to be kinder, more patient, more tolerant, loving and giving. Courteous, self-less and being of service. Learning humility: 1) "no less than, no greater than" 2) "the humble heart of a servant"

How to develop a relationship with a Power great than myself.

AA in six words: Finding God, cleaning house, helping others.

Taking (no, NOT working) the Steps, as a way of life. Taking them, or applying them as a way of life. Learning how to apply the spiritual principles clearly spelled out in our literature.

If I have the proper guidance from a sponsor, and take the Steps in my life, I have a psychic change/ a spiritual awakening*.

SO, the stories frequently heard in meetings really have almost nothing to do with recovery.

I want to know how to live today thanks!

I hope you will speak of how you deal with life today, recovering.

* as explained on pg 106, last paragraph in the 12 X 12.